As soon as we chose this project I knew what fabric I'd use for it. Mama Said Sew! by Sweetwater. When it came out I bought half yards of my favorite prints with no particular project in mind and this was a great opportunity to finally cut into them.
Here are the blocks we made last summer.
The little blocks are 6 inches square and the larger blocks are 12 inches square.
This is DAUGHTER's batch.
These are my blocks.
We were excited to get this one going, but it didn't take long for us to decide that we really truly and completely loathe this pattern. While I've quilted long enough that I don't usually need much in the way of instruction to assemble a quilt block, I don't care for this method of block assembly. All those bias edge triangles don't make me very happy and there's no wiggle room, no trimming hst's down to size, and measurements for the separate units that go into each block. I always like being able to check as I go along to make sure things are going together correctly. Plus this pattern has an awful lot of errors, which are so frustrating. We ended up setting this project aside.
This summer we decided it was time to revisit this project. Tomorrow I'll show you what we've decided to do to salvage it.