Wednesday, April 26, 2017

2016 FAL FABULOUS FINISH: Cozy Throw Quilt


This one has been finished for quite a while, but it's taken ages for me to remember to take photos.  There will either be a string of dark and cloudy days, or sunny days with no quilt holders available when I suddenly remember I need a quilt photo or two.

Yesterday started out really overcast, but in the late afternoon the sun popped out, so I grabbed the quilt, the camera and the HUSBAND and we went outside.


Pattern: Cozy Throw by Amy Gibson
Fabric: Craftsy Kit containing Kona Solids
Backing: Dixie 108 wide from Cluck, Cluck Sew for Moda
Size: 60 x 67
Started: Jan 2017
Finished: April 2017


Here's a close up!

A peek at the backing fabric. 

This little one turned out to be pretty cute!  I wasn't too sure while I was putting it together, but I found myself smiling as I snapped the photos.  Time to tuck this one away because it will be a Christmas gift for someone special.  

Hope you are having happy quilting adventures, too!
Staci  

Previous Posts about this project are
HERE
HERE

This project is on my 2017 2nd Quarter FAL List which is HERE.

4 comments:

Jan @Cocoa Quilts said...

Staci, this turned out great. I am sure whoever receives this for Christmas will be thrilled.

margaret said...

this will make a lovely gift for someone, I tend to avoid a lot of plain as it shows up my errors but plain certainly makes for stunning quilts

Havplenty said...

What an adorably colorful quilt!

Melanie said...

A bit late to the FAL party... This is such a fun quilt. Love the colors and the spirit it gives off. And how great is it, to already have a Christmas present finished!!!
xo Melanie
www.mell-meyer.de