Sunday, March 5, 2017

My New Sewing Friend

Having my lovely machine in the shop has been miserable!  Hubby has been pressing since the day my machine went in the shop to just go ahead and buy another one, but I have resisted and was actually rather proud of myself for standing firm.  When I did pull out my ancient clunker it DID NOT go well.  It kind of tore up what I was trying to work on and the fabric ended in the rubbish.

So, I caved! My good machine is a Pfaff Performance 5.0, so I knew I wanted to get another Pfaff.  As a Pfaff owner I get email from the company and the majority of the time I delete it without looking at it, but this particular day I actually read it.  Pfaff had the Passport models on sale, about 28% off with a free extension table added to sweeten the deal.  So, meet my new friend--Passport 2.0!


One of the reasons I went with a Pfaff for this second machine, besides my overall happiness with the brand, is that the Passport and the Performance can share many of the same feet.  That means I can move back and forth between the machines with the same project and still have exactly the same stitches and the same seam allowance, there will be no small variations.  

As you know, my DAUGHTER and I get together to sew several times a month and now we'll be able to set up both machines at the same time and work together on projects.  We are really looking forward to tandem sewing! I'm looking a certain King sized project of mine with flying geese, as well as looking ahead to another King sized project that DAUGHTER has planned 'cause she inherited the crazy-make-it-bigger-quilting gene from me.  ;-)


I haven't had much time to use it yet, but I did quilt the hexie mini quilt with it, and will be having some happy sewing days this week!  So eager to move forward on a couple projects and get binding attached to the quilts that have recently come home from the long arm quilters. 

I have so many things I want to make right now that I feel like I am just about to burst with quilty enthusiasm!   It's is going to take a Herculean effort to stay focused, but I'm not going to give in because I don't want to start creating UFO's.  My UFO list is finally in the single digits and I don't want to let it get out of hand again!

Happy Sewing!!
Staci

7 comments:

Kim P. said...

Congrats! I know how exciting it is to get a new machine. It's truly a beauty :) I was impressed to read that your UFO is in the single digits; all I can say to that is "WOW! Please don't tell my husband that this is possible (wink, wink).

Lynette said...

Nice acquisition :) Being able to trade feet is definitely awesome.

sunny said...

A quilter should always have a back-up machine! A few of my friends have the Passport, and so far the only negative thing I've heard is that they take a different bobbin. Enjoy stitching on her!

margaret said...

looks a splendid machine, has it a bigger neck/throat to make quilting easier? It will be such fin to stitch with your daughter and not have to take turns on the machine once the other comes back from the repair man, happy stitching

The Joyful Quilter said...

Pfaff lover, here. Congrats! on bringing your new baby home!!!

Leslie can't stop quilting said...

So happy for you and so glad you broke down and got it!!! You deserve it!!!

Archie the wonder dog said...

Welcome to your newest sewing buddy!!