Thursday, March 30, 2017

2017 FAL Project: Fabulous Finish: Scrappy Log Cabin Quilt


The Scrappy Log Cabin Quilt is completely finished! This was such a fun project.  The entire quilt top was made from scraps and the backing came out of my stash. The blocks are 12 inches, so the finished quilt is 72 x 72.  


The long arm quilter gave each center a little flower and added vines over all the rows, matching the thread color for each element.  The quilting was done by Pat Boeck. 




Here's a peek at the backing fabric.  Much easier to see the quilting on the back.  

I did something with this quilt that I rarely do, the binding was stitched down by machine.  I do prefer the look of hand stitching binding, but doing it on the machine is a skill I needed to improve.  This quilt isn't a 'precious' quilt.  I intend to toss it in the back of the car for picnics and such things, so I felt it was a good opportunity to practice.  

Now that my second log cabin quilt is finished I'm already considering the next one. I can't believe I waited so long to make a log cabin quilt!  It is such a fun pattern to play with, so many color and design possibilities.  I'm quite smitten with them

Hope you are having a happy scrappy day!

Staci

Previous Posts about this quilt:
HERE
HERE
HERE

2017 FAL 1st Quarter List HERE.

3 comments:

Kathy S. said...

Just beautiful! I love the quilted feathers. I love the pops of orange. I love the yellow squares. What a great quilt to sit and relax under and look at all the fun. Congrats on a beautiful finish!

margaret said...

what a beauty and will make a lovely picnic mat

Jess @ Elven Garden Quilts said...

I adore log cabin quilts - and this one is fantastic! Thanks for participating in the 2017 FAL on behalf of the global hosts!