Wednesday, February 8, 2017

2017 FAL Project Progress: Starting to See Geese in My Sleep.....

Yes, it has reached that point!  I swear I close my eyes at night and see geese behind my eyelids!  

I wake up in the middle of the night and think, "I could just go ahead and get up.  I could get a couple extra hours of sewing if I go ahead and get up. It's 3AM, it's not tooo early, yes, I could just get up..."

My design wall is completely covered with 55 blocks.  Remember, these blocks are 8 x 16 inches, so they take up a lot of space.

There's 20 more blocks spread out on the cutting table right now. 

75 completed blocks, 300 individual geese made.  And it isn't over yet......
It's time to go pin more pieces together

Wish me luck.....and geese-less sleep!
Staci

This project is part of my 2017 FAL 1st Quarter List. 

3 comments:

margaret said...

what a mammoth qult you are making here it is going to be enormous but so worth doing you are the queen of geese for sure. Like you I wake early and usually up before 5am

Leslie can't stop quilting said...

you are having fun....that's what it is all about!

Rebecca said...

Oh that's funny! I am working on the same quilt using up men's shirts I have been stashing for ages. Some of the shirting fabric seems a bit thin so its going to the side as I finish pulling apart the shirts and getting my cuts and stacking them so no 2 sets of 4 squares are the same.