Friday, February 3, 2017

2016 FAL : Fabulous Finish--Sparkle Punch-- The Lime Version

This quilt......oh my........I really love this one!  It is impossible for me to look at it or touch it without smiling. 

Pattern: Sparkle Punch by Elizabeth Hartman
Fabrics: Various prints from Riley Blake, prints from my stash,  and Michael Miller Cotton Couture in Limeade
Backing fabric: 108 wide print from Connecting Threads
Dimensions: 709 x 84
Quilting: Long Arm Quilted by Pat Boeck


My quilter used pebble quilting for the solid areas and quilted stars in the stars.  The quilt has amazing texture.  Impossible to look at it and not touch it, too.

I love the backing print, but I did not love hand stitching through it.  The printing had a plastic-y feel to it and it wasn't easy to push the needle through it. The binding process took ages because my hands just couldn't take it working for long periods 

Here's a close up from the back.  

So happy to have this beauty completed!

Happy Stitching!
Staci

Previous Posts about this quilt are 
HERE 


This quilt is part of my 2017 Finish-A-Long 1st Quarter List: HERE

5 comments:

Gina said...

Stunning Quilt

margaret said...

what a beauty and so big too. A pain re the binding but so worth the effort you are like me and hand stitch it I knoww some people do all the binding by machine but I know my lines would wobble a bit and show up

Mad Cat Quilts said...

gorgeous finish!!

Sarah Craig said...

Oh my gosh, Staci, that is FABULOUS!!! I love it!!!

Leslie can't stop quilting said...

I love this quilt so much too! I love the quilting on it so much!