Wednesday, February 22, 2017

2016 FAL: Fabulous Finish -- Canasta the Second

With my sewing machine in the shop there's lots of time for hand binding right now.  Which is a good thing because I had a three quilts come back from the long arm quilters this week, plus I have one in the house that is still waiting.  


Pattern: Canasta by Elizabeth Hartman (this pattern has been retired)
Fabrics: Crazy prints combined with many colors of Kona Cottons
Quilted: Professionally by Pat Boeck
Size: 72 x 84
Started: 2010
Finished: February 2017

This is the second of the two Canasta quilts I made.  (HERE is the first one)  Although I thought I split the blocks up pretty evenly between the two quilts, this quilt seems more green and the first one more blue.  No matter, I think both turned out really well.  




The same backing was used for both quilts; I think this print is really fun. The binding is Kona in Pepper which gives the quilt a nice little outline. 


The same spikey meander quilting was done on both quilts.  This quilter does all her quilting free motion, without the use of a computer.  I love how the very organic quilting looks on all these wonky blocks.  





2017 FAL

This finish was a VERY LONG time coming, and it is wonderful to cross this quilt off my FAL list!

Happy Finishing!

Staci 

Previous Posts about this quilt can be found:
HERE
HERE
HERE

2017 1st Quarter FAL List HERE

4 comments:

Archie the wonder dog said...

It's wonderful! Congratulations on the finish!

Janet said...

Isn't it great to finish a really old UFO! Lovely!

margaret said...

a lovely quilt with such a variety of fabrics. Was without lap top due to it being corrupted for over a week so catching up on blog this morning

Heide said...

What a fun quilt! Congrats on the finish.