Monday, January 16, 2017

The Cozy Throw Adventure: 2017 FAL Project

Cozy Throw has been an adventure so far.  
Last time I showed you this photo of all 72 of my blocks waiting to be trimmed down to 8.25 inches square. How did the trimming go, you ask?  Well, that is the adventure part. 
About 6 of the blocks were too small.  I am sure I didn't line the ruler up quite right when I cut the triangles out of the strip sets and that's where the problem came in.  Debated on my options, whether to make more strip sets and blocks or whether to just to with the flow and cut them all to 8 inches.  Considering my level of quilter's OCD you might be surprised to hear I cut all the blocks down to 8 inches.  

Next I put the blocks on the wall and started considering my layout. I like this one an awful lot.  It feels calm and peaceful.  

Then there's this one.  Much more movement and it just makes me happy!  I looked at it for a day and made a big decision.  

Nope, not going to make 2 small quilts.  I'm going to make just one AND I'm going to skip all the sashing and just put the blocks next to each other. 


Here it is, all put together. I really do love it now.  

Plus, I'm so happy I didn't cut out all the sashing!

Sending it off for quilting.

Happy Stitching, quilty friends. 
Staci



4 comments:

Sarah Craig said...

That's just beautiful, Staci - and I definitely agree wth you about the second layout - much happier! Hey - we don't need no stinkin' sashing!

margaret said...

this has worked beautifully and yes a very happy quilt

Leslie can't stop quilting said...

I love the ending....it is perfect!

Archie the wonder dog said...

Perfect decision!