Wednesday, January 18, 2017

2017 FAL Project Progress: Christmas Goose!

At this point I've lost track of how many of my happy sewing days have been spent on this flock of geese! The exciting moment has finally arrived-- the last goose has been sewn.  Woo Hoo!!  Happy happy happy dance time!

I've made some dumb cutting errors on this quilt and ended up grabbing a few more prints from the stash as well as buying a couple more pieces.  The aqua fabric was always part of this line, but I had opted to skip it initially.  The more I looked at all my piles of red and green though I felt like I needed a little pop of something else, so the aqua jumped in my shopping bag and I am so glad it did!

Here's 174 giant flying geese and 348 bonus HST's. These piles make me so happy! (As does my scrappy log cabin in the background!  Not done admiring it yet!!)

Here they are, all spread out on the cutting table ready to hit the design wall.

Yep, this arranging part may take quite a while!

Happy Geese, quilting friends!
Staci


3 comments:

Leslie can't stop quilting said...

Man oh man Staci!!! You are on a fantastic roll! I love that sweetwater line!!! I want some of whatever you are eating or drinking!! LOL!

margaret said...

lots of geeese here wonder whether you use the special ruler to make them I do struggle to make them myself must take time to practise before too long

Archie the wonder dog said...

I can't wait to see this!!!