Sunday, January 1, 2017

2016: A Year of Fabulous Finishes

2016 kind of stunk! Lots of trouble, lots of stress, lots of illness.  I was glad to say goodbye last night, and say Hello to 2017.  But, all clouds have a silver lining, and apparently my clouds are lined with bright quilting cottons.  As I gathered up photos today to create this mosaic I was shocked by the number of finishes.  
14 quilts, lap sized or larger
1 sewing machine mat
1 sewing machine cover
2 mini quilts
4 zippered bags
5 pincushions
5 button boats 
and 
1 bunting.  

WOW!!!



Now somewhere during the course of 2016 I started keeping track of how many inches of binding I hand stitched down.  Kind of a silly thing to do, but it kept me amused. (Yes, I really am that easily amused!) Ready to hear the total?  It's a big total!

4077 inches of binding!
Almost 340 feet!
That's over 113 YARDS!

So, I took many thousands of stitches in all that binding.  Good thing I quite enjoy doing it, huh?

Wonder how much binding I'll stitch in 2017?  
Better get busy!!

Happy New Year, bloggy friends!
May we all be blessed with Love, Happiness, Health and Full Bobbins.
Staci

4 comments:

Kathy S. said...

Wow! That's a lot of binding! That's awesome. Can't wait to see what happens in 2017. Happy new year.

margaret said...

so mnay lovey makes you have done in the past year, amazing how much binding you have hand stitched I too enjoy the process but not good at getting the quilts to that stage due to the quilting process

Anina said...

Wow! That is so impressive! You are inspiring me to get more done this year.

Leslie can't stop quilting said...

What an awesome way to look at your year!! I love that your clouds are lined with bright quilting cottons!!!