Monday, December 26, 2016

2016 FAL: Fabulous Finish -- Canasta the First!

Continuing to have camera issues around here and I'm feeling pretty frustrated about it! It looks like my camera needs to go off for some repairs.
Anyway, today I do have a finish to share with you!

Pattern: Canasta by Elizabeth Hartman (this pattern has been retired)
Fabrics: Crazy prints combined with many colors of Kona Cottons
Quilted: Professionally by Pat Boeck
Size: 72 x 84
Started: 2010
Finished: November 2016

This is the first of the two Canasta quilts.  I think of this one as Blue Canasta because it has more blue in it.  Clever at naming, aren't I??  ; )  This one went off to live with my SON and his lovely WIFE.  It's probably coming in handy because they are getting snow right now!


The quilter stitched a sort of spikey pattern all over it.  I think it looks great!

Here's a shot with the backing fabric.

Canasta the First was a goal for Q4 of the 2016 Finish Along. So nice to mark it off the list!

FAL 2016

Happy Stitching!
Staci

5 comments:

Gina said...

Great quilt. Well done on the finish xx

Leslie can't stop quilting said...

Great finish Staci!!! I hope you win something awesome just like your quilts!!!!!

Kathy S. said...

The colors are gorgeous! Love it! Congrats on a beautiful finish.

margaret said...

I am sure they are going to love it and so like the block used to amae it

Rhonda the Rambler said...

Stunning! Love this...Thank you for sharing and participating in the 2016 FAL - commenting on behalf of the 2016 Global FAL Hosting Team.