Tuesday, December 27, 2016

A Batch of Pinnies and Button Boats!

My sewing room looked a little like the elves workshop as I stitched up a batch of pincushions and button boats.  The pincushions were made from a pattern from Heidi Staples recent book Sew Organized for the Busy Girl.  Such a great little book with a lot of fun projects.


Five finished pinnies!  Fun to make and aren't they oh so cute?

Next I made little companions for the pincushions.  Looks kinda odd at this point, right?

Button boats are the brain child of Joan Hawley of Lazy Girl Designs.  Joan has special stabilizer sheets for this project, but I didn't remember to snap a photo. A pair of 10 inch squares will make one boat. This was a fast fun project.  The boats are flat until you wind the strings around the buttons to give it shape.

Pinnies and Boats!

I kept the pincushion with the tomato pincushion on it and the coordinating button boat.  That little boat is a great place to stash all my marking pens and pencils.

The Hello Kitty set went to my DAUGHTER.  ('Cause you are NEVER too old for the Kitty!!) The fabric is actually Liberty of London, and a little gift I received as a gift from a bee member.  All the buttons on the button boats were a gift from a different bee member.  I've been privileged to meet some great people in quilt bees--fun, funny and talented ladies.


Hope your day is filled with fun!
Staci

4 comments:

Lucy ~ Charm About You said...

They are all gorgeous! I love Heidi's book and that boat pattern looks fun too. That pincushion fussy cut is adorable!

Leslie can't stop quilting said...

What are the fabrics that you used? I love all of your sets!

Gina said...

These are adorable. I'm off to Amazon right now to see if I can pick up the book. xxx

margaret said...

the boats are new to me what a great idea and the pin cushions well a stitcher can never have too many of those I like them just for their prettiness, have a basket full on the sideboard