Sunday, October 2, 2016

The Cuddly Flannel Strip Quilt


One of the fun projects on my 2016 FAL list is this strip quilt made with a couple jelly rolls of Woolies Flannels from Maywood Studios and the Malaga pattern from Villa Rosa Designs.  The pattern is written for one jelly roll, but I wanted it to be wider so it will be growing with 2 jelly rolls.  I adore this flannel!  The colors are so rich and it is just oh so so soft. 

A couple weeks ago I spent a day cutting and sorting out the strips.

The next day there was some sewing...

and more sewing...

and by the end of the day I had this!

It looks pretty wonky in this photo, but it really isn't.  
I just didn't take time to smooth it out on the design wall properly. 

This is going to be one really soft cuddly quilt!  

Happy Stitching!
Staci

3 comments:

margaret said...

the flannel will make it a real winter quilt looking so good

Archie the wonder dog said...

I love it!

Leslie can't stop quilting said...

I just love this Staci!!!