Friday, October 14, 2016

2016 FAL: Fabulous Friday Finish! Sunset Cabin

Sunset Cabin is Finished -- and it's pretty darn special, even if I do say so myself!

Name: Sunset Cabin
Pattern: Traditional Log Cabin Block made with Creative Grids Log Cabin Ruler
Size: 72 x 84
Fabrics: Centers & Binding are Kona Cotton, all other solids are Pure Elements from Art Gallery.  Backing is Doe by Carolyn Frielander.
Quilting: Professionally Long Arm Quilted by Pat Boeck
Started: March 2016
Completed: October 2016


Pat quilted a leaf pattern using similar colors for the strips with contrasting threads used in the centers.  She does free motion quilting with the long arm, no computers at all.  I love the unique organic look her quilting has given this one. 
Here's a closer look at the quilting.



The backing is simple and perfect for this project. I love how much texture the quilting gives the back view.  Think of how fabulously crinkly this will be once it takes a spin in the washer and dryer!

This was my first log cabin quilt, and I am really eager to make another one soon.  Maybe with some of my gazillion scraps??


Happy Finishing!!

Staci

This quilt has been part of my 2016 Finish A Long list and now I can cross it off!


FAL 2016

10 comments:

Summer said...

Congrats on the finish! It is beautiful ♥

Jocelyn said...

It looks great!

DebbieM said...

It is very beautiful. Nice color too! Congrats on your first Log Cabin!!

Leslie can't stop quilting said...

I love it Staci!!! You have really been great on your finishes!!! Your quilter is great too!!!

margaret said...

what a great quilt you have made, still to buy the log cabin ruler but will gwt it one day and then have a go myself

Tiffany said...

Wow, the quilting is perfect for this quilt! Corey Yoder just posted a layer cake log cabin pattern on her blog and now I'm sorely tempted to pull out a layer cake and make one of these for myself!

Ranch Wife said...

Wow, Stacy! That's a stunning combination of great color and pattern and quilting. You've got such a good eye for putting it all together and 3 cheers for another incredible finish!

Lisa S. said...

Beautiful!

Debbie said...

Very lovely! Congrats on your finish, and on behalf of the 2016 FAL hosting team, thank you for sewing with us this year!

Archie the wonder dog said...

How did I miss this post?!!! The quilt is stunning!!!