Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Canasta 1 & 2

The 84 Canasta blocks were finally finished in July, but then we went out of town and when we came home I came down with the crud and didn't sew for a while.  Once I was feeling good again I wa ready to turn the blocks into quilt tops at long last.  The 84 blocks were sorted into two piles.  One pile went back in the box for the time being while the other was arranged on the design wall.  And rearranged, and rearranged, and rearranged. ...  yep, about drove myself crazy!

Eventually I settled on a layout and got busy sewing blocks into rows and rows became a quilt top.
Here's Canasta the First.
CANASTA THE FIRST

The next week it was time to get busy with the second set of blocks, drive myself crazy arranging and rearranging all over again, and here's Canasta the Second.

This week quilt tops will go off to the long arm quilter so she can work her magic on them.
I am so happy to be moving on to another project!

Happy Stitching!
Staci


FAL 2016

3 comments:

Leslie can't stop quilting said...

Wowee Staci these are both great!!! I understand the driving you crazy part....been doing that with my Kaffe project! How is your wool project coming along?

margaret said...

they both look amazing how I love wonky blocks

Archie the wonder dog said...

Hurray!