Monday, September 26, 2016

2016 FAL -- FABULOUS Fluffy Mini Finish

Made By Hand was a recent swap theme for the Mini Quilt Trading Swap group.  I started several different quilts for this swap and kept changing my mind over and over.  The original plan was to use English Paper piecing, and although I did actually complete a quilt top in that method it just wasn't right. It was one of those times where nothing I made felt like it was right or nice enough.  This one was a real struggle. Eventually I pulled out the felted wool and all my pretty perle cottons and eventually ended up with this little quilt which was embellished with beads and handmade buttons.

Quilt Name: Fluffy
Pattern: Adapated from Wendy Williams Wee Farm Village 
Size: 9 x 14
Fabrics: Irish linen, felted wool, Nicey Jane by Heather Bailey


The name of the quilt comes from this trio of sheep.  Many hours went into the French knots.


The large sheep has a padded body and stands up from the background by about 1/4 inch.  

My Swap Partner for this round  loves Halloween, so I included some spooky hand dyed floss, some sparkly fibers and handmade buttons.  The "D" is actually a box, a couple of the new Moda goodies and a buggy little needle threader round out the extras in the package. 


My Swap Partner sent me the loveliest mini quilt.  It's just beautiful in every way and her hand stitching is exquisite. 


She included wonderful little hand made items including a tiny fabric basket and EPP organizer. 

She also this darling knitted star!  When my daughter saw it she laughed and said, "She sent you quilting invincability!"  Yep, it looks like a power up from Super Mario!


Wishing  you quilting invincibility!
Staci

This project is part of my 3rd quarter list for the 2016 Finish A Long.


FAL 2016

8 comments:

sunny said...

Fluffy is adorable! Great gifts both send and received.

margaret said...

your swap partner must have been delighted with your mini quilt it is a real beauty and the one you received along with the other goodies is lovely too

FlashinScissors said...

Fluffy looks such fun .... with wonderful details! Love the quilt you received too! What gorgeous gifts you both sent each other! Really love all the fabrics used here!
Barbara x

Leslie can't stop quilting said...

.....and both quilts and partners lived happily ever after!!! So sweet!

Nicky said...

I thought you already had that superpower Staci! Cute mini quilts - they both look fun

Nicky said...

I'm loving that I get to see this cutie a second time! Congratulations on the finish and thanks for linking up to the FAL quarter three on behalf of your team of hosts

Archie the wonder dog said...

I love those sheep!

greeneggs said...

That is so gorgeous. I just bought Wendy Williams' book and it's inspiring to see such a great adaptation.