Tuesday, September 13, 2016

2016 FAL--Fabulous Finish--Round and Round Quilt

This finish was a long, long, LONG time in coming!  
I came so close to tossing this UFO in the rubbish bin, but I am so glad I fixed it and turned it into a nice finish. Crossing it off the list felt really great. 

Pattern: Round and Round by Amanda Nyberg

Size: 70 x 70
Fabric: Ash Grey Kona, various Riley Blake prints, plus yellows from the scrap box.
Quilting: Professionally long arm quilted by Pat Boeck
Started May 2010 -- Finished July 2016





My quilter did a beautiful job on this quilt!  She used grey thread to make squiggly lines across the squares and quilted leaves in the solid grey strips with yellow thread.   





The quilt is backed with this wonderful yellow & white floral print. The quilter actually put  light green thread in the bobbin which makes the quilting show up a little more on the back.  I like the effect, and feel it suits this quilt.  



This one is on my sofa right now, but I'm not getting to actually enjoy it.  
It seems Miss Daisy is 100% certain it is HERS!  She's highly insulted if we take it away!
Doesn't she look quite smug?   



Happy Stitching!

Staci

If you would like to read more about this quilt, please see THIS POST.


This quilt is included on my 3rd Quarter 2016 Finish Along List!



FAL 2016

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

I love this pattern! I might have to try it with my bee someday. I love the pops of yellow.

Tiffany said...

I love this pattern! I might have to try it with my bee someday. I love the pops of yellow.

Archie the wonder dog said...

I adore this quilt!!!

Leanne said...

I'm so glad you finished this one, it s just so calm but with that unexpected sparkle of yellow. Thank you for participating in the FAL, on behalf of the 2016 global FAL hosts.