Wednesday, September 28, 2016

2016 FAL Fabulous Feathered Finish-- Allie the Owl

Who?  Who?  Whoooo is that gorgeous creature?
It's Allie the Owl - times four!

Pattern: Allie Owl by Elizabeth Hartman
Fabrics: Rhoda Ruth by Elizabeth Hartman, Kona Solids, Essex Linen
Size: 52 x 66
Quilting: Professionally long arm quilted by Jeana Kubik of Busy Bees Quilting.


The Hoots were looking good when the quilt top was finished, but the quilting really brought them to life!  Although I love the pattern, I had always thought the owls looked a bit STERN.  After the quilter worked her magic on them I think they look much kinder, don't you?


Scallops on the tummy make perfect feathers.


Wood Grain on the wings looks marvelous!


Feathers on the head make Allie look complete. 

After I took the photos Hubby says, "Come take one from the back!  It looks cool!"
He's right!  It's a fun effect. 


All of it adds up to great quilty happiness!  
Plus I can mark another FAL project off the list!

Happy Stitching!
Staci


FAL 2016


Previous Posts about this project

6 comments:

margaret said...

the owls make a lovely quilt and very impressed with so many different patterns you have used in the quilting

Leslie can't stop quilting said...

Your quilter did a fabulous job!!!

Sherrill said...

EVERYtime I see those owls, I fall in love with them again!!! I MUST get that pattern!!

Lisa in Port Hope said...

Hurray for a finish and a fabulous quilt holder to ;)

Archie the wonder dog said...

It's gorgeous!! Congratulations on your finish, and thank you, on behalf of the 2016 global FAL hosts, for taking part!

Archie the wonder dog said...

I love the scallops on the tummy!