Friday, July 1, 2016

I May Have a Scrap Problem-- but It's a Little Bit Smaller

Confessions Of A Fabric Addict

My goal for the month of June was sorting out the black and white scraps. Both boxes of scraps were overflowing.   Wow!  It was more work than I expected! There was an awful lot of fabric crammed into those two boxes. 

As I pressed each scrap I sorted them into piles by size.  I made piles for under 5 inches, charm squares, short and long strips under 2 inches wide, short and long strips between 2 and 4 inches wide, and everything larger.  While I was working I decided to pull out the scraps with a white background and black designs.  I'm not really sure this was a good move because now I have 3 boxes instead of 2!  

Some of these scraps are destined to become a curvy log cabin quilt.  While I was pressing and sorting I separated out all the strips that are the correct size.  I haven't had a chance to actually make any blocks yet, but I am looking forward to some scrappy play time soon. 


Although I didn't actually get to the point of sewing, the boxes actually close now.  
I'm calling June a WIN!  LOL

Happy Scrappy, Quilting Friends!
Staci

Previous Post About These Scraps:

6 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

You may have 3 totes now, but everything is nicely pressed and sorted to make for quick work of them when needed. I LOVE what you have there. I have a B/W quilt on my bucket list - BUT I actually have a kit that has been on the shelf for a few years rather than dig thru my scraps - time to use it.

Robby H. said...

Definitely a win... you're all ready to go on that log cabin!

Sarah Craig said...

I'd say that's a win, too! It really is amazing how much fabric those bins can hold, isn't it? Your quilt is going to be wonderful!!

weddingdressblue said...

That is a lot of sorting, but it is so helpful to know what you have. I would be tempted to add one more color, like red, yellow or teal, and make a scrap quilt out of it. Even a checkerboard...maybe...with alternating diagonal lines of white, black and color....

You know you are a quilter with a problem when just pictures of other people's scraps get you excited.

margaret said...

good sort out you have had, I do try and keep on top of scraps but no sooner are they are sorted but I have more, I have a basket I put them in until I get round to sorting them out

Rebecca said...

Start with 2 boxes and end with 3!!!
That's the magic of scraps, cloths hangers and odd socks!