Friday, July 29, 2016

A Big OUCH!

Hi Friends--
Nope, haven't stopped stitching, haven't stopped blogging, mostly I've just stopped moving around more than absolutely necessary.

My back and I had a difference of opinion.  I told my back to move a certain way and my back said "NOPE!  Not doing that!",  as it spasmed up something fierce.  Seriously though, I think my back was just being contrary.  All I was trying to do was put on a sweater because I was feeling chilly in an over air conditioned room.  No headstands or cartwheels were involved! Just a quick twisting motion to settle the sweater in place and BAM!  Agony!

So right now I'm spending most of my time in bed or taking slow hunched over walks around my house before I go back to bed.  Sitting is very painful right now and I'm not doing much of it.  
BUT!!  
I do feel better than I did, so I'm counting that as a reason to rejoice!  
I think I'll take an extra lap around the house to celebrate! ; )

Hope to be back soon!  I did a whole bunch of sewing I haven't gotten to show you yet!

Staci

11 comments:

Vicki W said...

That happened to me once blow drying my hair. Had to crawl to the phone to call into work. Feel better soon!

Jan A. said...

Hope you have a quick recovery and can back to normal.

barbara woods said...

it doesn't take much to get messed up after the first time. just reaching the wrong way will do it. I am a old back suffer

margaret said...

sounds very painful, have you had it xrayed? here in the UK bed rest is no longer suggested for back problems as they seem to think it stiffens even more do hope it soom gets right and you are free from pain

Donna said...

Oh man, that's not what you expect when putting on a sweater. Hope your back is better soon!

WoolenSails said...

Not fun and i know how you feel, been like that for about 3 weeks now, but moving a bit more each day. I put a comforter on the couch and a few pillows, then put my computer and supplies next to me, so watching lots of tv and getting a little done each day. I hope you feel better soon.

Debbie

Raewyn said...

Frustrating I bet - hope you're up and moving around again soon.

Archie the wonder dog said...

Oh no! Hope it's better now?

Ranch Wife said...

That's so frustrating when there are so many things your want and need to do! Sending prayers that you are back in the saddle son...figuratively speaking. :)

doodlebugmom said...

Sorry you are hurting. I do that at least once a year, then off to the ER I go. The ER doc in my small town hospital knows me well now - asks about my kids like we are life long friends! haha!

KnittingMom said...

Yep, I know back pain well. Feel better!