Tuesday, July 5, 2016

2016 Finish A Long: A Very Sad 2nd Quarter Report

FAL 2016

Well, my report for the 2nd Quarter is just sad.  I finished just three things, and made progress on four others.  The rest weren't even touched!  As I went through this list today and was feeling discouraged, I realized I did a lot of things that weren't FAL goals, including finishing a very involved quilt top and making a LOT of sampler blocks. 
Summer is busier since we moved to San Antonio and I need to remember that, and while I do love sewing, I love spending time with my FAMILY even more!  ; )


1.  Baby Roundhouse--UNTOUCHED!  
Been on the list ALL year and still hasn't come out of the project box.  

2. & 3.  Canasta Quilt 1 and 2. -- UFO's--UNTOUCHED
Complete the blocks, turn into finished quilts.  


4.  City Sampler-- A UFO:  BLOCKS WERE ARRANGED ON DESIGN WALL AND LABELED.  SASHING WAS CUT.  THAT WAS IT!

On the design wall several weeks ago, blocks were labeled and are waiting to be sashed. 



5.  Hands to Help Quilt:  FINISHED!!! 
Blogged HERE.



8.  Blue Underground Quilt - New Project: UNTOUCHED


9.  Christmas Presents Quilt - New Project: UNTOUCHED
This kit has been waiting a long time & it's going to wait longer!

10.  Made By Hand Mini Quilt for Swap- New Project:  NOT FINISHED & VERY LATE


11. Solid Log Cabin Quilt: QUILT TOP FINISHED & CURRENTLY AT THE QUILTER'S HOUSE
The blocks were made and stitched into a top.  

12.  Improv Christmas Trees--New Project: UNTOUCHED
Looking forward to turning these fun Sweetwater prints into a Christmas quilt!



13.  Round & Round:  ALMOST FINISHED! One more side to bind!
Left from Q1 list.

14.  Allie Owl: YEP, STILL AT THE QUILTER.  She's waaaaay behind.


15.  Blue Belle Constellation:  BACK FROM THE QUILTER, WAITING FOR BINDING


16.  K F Scrap Quilt-- FINISHED!!!!!!
Blogged HERE.


17. Spidey: CAME HOME FROM THE QUILTER LAST WEEK, WAITING FOR BINDING


18. Spicy: STILL WAITING FOR BINDING


19.  Sparky
Been waiting longer than Spicy.  AND STILL WAITING

20.  3 x 6 Sampler Quilt  FINISHED!!  
This one turned out pretty nice!
Blogged HERE.



Wonder what the next quarter will bring??

Happy Stitching!
Staci





2 comments:

margaret said...

I have stopped keeping a record of what I am doing as it can be a bit depressing! Mind you I have told myself no more BOMs next year but whether that will work is a different matter. You certainly have lots of interesting projects on the go and I am sure some will soon be completed unless to star more of course!Spidey is looking great ad the binding will not take long to complete really like that one and you have a few so nearly finished with just the binding to do, I enjoy the binding part shame you are not over the road from me!Those perle threads look so lovely they are my favourite threads to work with

Archie the wonder dog said...

I think next (this!!) quarter needs to be a binding quarter ;o)