Monday, July 11, 2016

2016 Finish A Long: 3rd Quarter Goals

FAL 2016

For this 3rd Quarter of the year, I'm determined to keep my FAL list reasonable!   I'm dropping a few items off entirely during this quarter because I know my sewing time will be more limited in the next few weeks.  The items I've moved off will come back next quarter.

1. & 2. The Canasta Quilts.
Half of the blocks have been made.  Time to get the other half done!

3.  Flannel Strip Quilt
This is going to be so cuddly!


4.  Blue Underground
This is a kit I've had for a while.  The batiks are gorgeous!

5.  Made By Hand Mini
Here I am basting the linen background to lightweight cotton batting in preparation for embroidery and applique.

6.  Improv Trees
This project will be pure fun!

Here's the scary part!  
Right now I have a HUGE stack of quilts that need binding.  I doubt I'll get all of them bound, but will be leaving them on the FAL list until I can get to them. 

7.  Round and Round--ALMOST finished!  On the last side.

8.  Allie Owl
Allie is STILL at the quilter, but should come back during this quarter.

9.  Bluebelle Constellation
This has been waiting a while.  The quilter did beautiful work on it!

10.  Spidey
Spidey just came home from the quilter and it is so darn cute!!

11.  Sparky
Sparky has been waiting for binding for a long,  long time--June 2015.

12.  Spicy
Spicy has been waiting for binding since October 2015.

13.  Sparkle Punch
This project wasn't included in my previous FAL goals, but I'm adding it to the binding list.  It came back from the quilter a few weeks ago.

14.  Sunset Cabins
It's at the quilter right now, and should be home before the month is out!


And just for giggles, I decided to add up the inches for all that binding for the 8 quilts at the end of the list.  The binding on the first 6 projects hasn't been included.

Realistically, I KNOW I can't get through that many inches in 12 weeks.  Wonder how far I will get??
Guess we'll know the answer on September 1st!

Wish me Luck & Sewing Time!
 Staci

PS.  Weirdness with Blogger going on, I can't get this post formatted properly...... ; (

4 comments:

Lucy @ Charm About You said...

Great list! I have a fix for the formatting, will be on my blog soon :)

margaret said...

I find myself tutting at the quilts that just need the binding doing shame it is the part I enjoyed so much if nearer I would do it for you. Certainly lots on the go. I think we are all guilty of that mind you I have a list that is so very long of things not started too

Nicky said...

Do all that binding please! At least one binding between other things perhaps to stop you getting bored..Thanks for linking up to FAL2016 on behalf of your team of hosts

Archie the wonder dog said...

Good luck!