Thursday, July 14, 2016

2013/2016 BOM: The Flower Row


My 2013/2016 BOM was set aside with all the summer activity, but I was eager to pull it out and get the last row of blocks assembled!  The flower blocks are the final row of this mystery quilt, although they don't really seem very flowery to me.  Hubby walked in to see them on the design wall and said, "Oh, this is the X block row."  When I told him, "No, these are flower blocks." he looked really puzzled! Can't say I blame him, it takes a bit of imagination to see flowers.

This one seems most flower-like to me. 

Fun 9 patch in the center of this one. 

This one shall be known as Seam Ripper Blossom.
I cut every single rectangle wrong and didn't catch it until I was trying to get the block assembled.  



All the Sampler Blocks for the 2013 Fat Quarter Shop Designer Mystery Quilt


 So excited to finally have all these blocks assembled.  I loved putting them up on the wall and seeing the whole group together at last.  The finishing kit for this quilt is rather involved. The sashing is strip pieced, the inner border is made up of many, many flying geese and the cornerstones are 9 patches.  I'll be setting this aside for a bit while I catch up on a few other projects, although I am longing to see this top in one piece! 
Pattern for finishing the quilt top.

Happy Happy Stitching!
Staci

Previous Post about this project 

2 comments:

margaret said...

a lovey collection of blocks i this quilt, best of luck with the flying geese personally I would pass on those! and be lazy and have plain borders

Archie the wonder dog said...

It's going to be a stunning quilt!!