The fabric arrived!!
Three more pink log cabin blocks were quickly made and joined their fellows up on the design wall long enough to be labeled as to placement.
And down came all the blocks! I spent most of the day pining and seaming and finally--Ta Da!!!
The Sunset Cabin Quilt top! Forty-two 12-inch blocks turned into a 72 x 84 quilt top. I am just tickled with this one. I like it so much more than I thought I would. It was worth waiting for more fabric three separate times. (Twice because I'd changed my mind about something and once because of an ooopsie in cutting) This is my first log cabin quilt, but I like it so much I know it won't be the last one! I did really enjoy using the Creative Grids Log Cabin Ruler, and it will be pulled out again one day.
All my fabrics are Art Gallery Pure Elements solids.
I do wish the pictures were better. The sun was playing peek a boo and no matter how much I fiddled with the camera settings I couldn't really capture the colors, not to mention the white portions of the blocks disappear into the white design wall. This one has already gone to the long arm quilter and I know she'll work her magic and it will be even better when I see it again in a few weeks.
Happy, happy stitching!