Friday, June 3, 2016

Hands 2 Help Quilt Top

Confessions Of A Fabric Addict


Greetings from soggy soggy soggy Texas!
The last couple weeks have been the kind that seem to pass by so quickly that all the days and activities blur together.  I didn't touch my sewing machine for over a week and have barely touched the computer. I'm sure my blog reader is about to burst because I can't remember the last time I got a chance to read up on what all my favorite quilters are doing. The inbox is overflowing, too. Things are finally slowing down a bit and getting back to normal and I'm looking forward to catching up on everything.

Before things got so busy I made my quilt top for the Hands 2 Help challenge.  When I was cleaning out my scraps I had found these lovely prints from Sweetwater's Make Life fabric line and I decided to use them for the quilt that will be donated to Happy Chemo. 


There turned out to be a yard of the white flower print, a bit over a fat quarter of the green one and 1 1/2 yards of the blue texture.  Since my feature fabrics have fairly large motifs and a limited amount of yardage to work with I didn't want to cut them too small.  I spent a bit of time considering my pattern choice and I went with Amy Smart's Fast Four Patch Quilt Tutorial.   I added a yellow polka dot, a red spotty texture print and an esspresso solid to the mix and here's what I ended up with.


I think it turned out pretty cute!  The quilt is about 48 inches square.  Quilting quilts is not my strength, so I needed to keep it on the small side.  This weekend will be devoted to getting it quilted and finished so I can get it in the mail early next week.  My quilt for the challenge is late.  I feel pretty bad about it, but life really got in the way of quilting recently.  I'm looking forward to getting this one to the finish line!!

Happy Quilting!
Staci

5 comments:

Ranch Wife said...

Your cute fabrics made a very cute quilt! Are y'all building a boat to help navigate the waterways of Texas? :) I was down there a few weeks ago and it was raining then too. The humidity was stifling, but everything was so green.

I hope all is well, that y'all dry out soon, and that life is settling down to a more manageable pace.

Quiltingranny said...

The quilt came out wonderful!

Stay safe in Texas, we are praying for everyone!

margaret said...

quilt works so well with the fabrics and I say better late than never

Archie the wonder dog said...

It's very cute!

Lynette said...

It did turn out cute! I'm sure it's going to make someone smile during difficult times.

And, yeah - Life has a way of derailing quilting time frames! :D