Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Cabin Building

Back in April I showed you the log cabin quilt that I'm working on.  I had finished up all my blocks, and then realized I goofed!  I added the colors to my orange blocks in the wrong order.  The last two rounds should have been switched.  



Although fixing this wasn't a fun idea and I needed more fabric, it really was the right thing to do.  I appreciate all the readers who left me comments about this-- and I took your advice and did the blocks over.  Don't they look better??  Yep, very happy!  

With consistent color placement the blocks look perfect together!

The next step was choosing a layout.  Playing with the blocks on my design wall was a lot of fun.  
This is the layout I'd had in mind from the beginning.

I played with several variations of this idea, although apparently I was so engaged in the block swapping I forgot to take photos.  

Once this one was up I knew I was finished!  I couldn't stop SMILING!
Do you see a small problem?  Yes, I need a few more blocks!  In order to make three more blocks I need more fabric!  Again, my cabin is on hold.  Oh well.... I know it will be worth the wait!

Happy Stitching!
Staci


Previous posts about this project:
HERE
HERE

6 comments:

Wendy said...

That looks awesome!

Wendy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linda Smith said...

I love the second layout you showed. The one where it forms white triangles between the blocks. I've never seen that done with log cabins. But if the diagonal arrangement makes your heart sing- Go with it.

Sarah Craig said...

All the layouts are beautiful, but I agree with you that the last one is the best! I love the variety of designs you came up with, though.

margaret said...

it is amazing how different blocks look depending on how they are arranged, good to see the orange one redone you would have regretted it if you had left it, loving the way you have decided to arrange them even if it means making more blocks super

Archie the wonder dog said...

It's going to be terrific! (And it was definitely worth redoing the orange blocks!)