Thursday, May 5, 2016

2016 FAL: Fabulous Finish! The Scrappy Quick Quilt

So, here's a finished quilt that was finished...over a month ago.  Yep, took me this long to find a day with some actual sunshine AND a someone here to hold up my quilt! Lately I feel like the clock and calendar are moving double quick and I'm left dizzy and bewildered!

This quilt turned out so much better than I had hoped.  I really do love it!


Details

Pattern: "Midnight Garden" from Villa Rosa Designs
Size: 54 x 68
Fabrics: Kaffe Fasset Collective scraps, Cotton Couture by Michael Miller for the binding. 
Batting: Hobbs 80/20
Quilting: Long Arm Quilted by Pat Boeck


 (THANK YOU, HUBBY aka Quilt Holder Extraordinaire!!) 

I love the quilting on my quilt.  The quilter has used this same design on a large number of my quilts and I'm always pleased with the results.  Here's the amazing part: this isn't computer quilting--it's free motion on the long arm.  Gorgeous!


 The design is easier to see on the monochromatic backing. 


One of the best parts of finishing this one is checking something off my 2nd quarter 2016 FAL List! Yay!!!  Love seeing that list getting a little bit shorter!!

FAL 2016

What kinds of things are you trying to finish up?

Staci

Previous Posts about this quilt: HERE

4 comments:

Leslie can't stop quilting said...

You know I love this!!!

margaret said...

this is lovely beautifully quilted and some great fabrics you have used

Lesley Gilbert said...

Love the colours and the simple design :)

Leanne said...

Beautiful finish! Your quilt has such lovely colours. Thank you for participating in the FAL, on behalf of the 2016 global FAL hosts.