Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Trimming.... Lots of Trimming

The last couple weeks I haven't done much sewing.  The air conditioner is on the fritz and my sewing room is like a sauna right now.  We are still waiting for the landlord to authorize a service call, but this isn't considered a priority, so no telling how long we'll be hot!  The last few days have been stormy and cooler, so I've taken advantage of the break in the weather and worked on my Sparkle Punch quilt.

Don't you love seeing all the units pile up behind the machine as you chain piece?  I sure do!

I finished making the last of the star units for all the full stars that have 4 points.  There's lots of trimming trimming trimming making the stars!

Here's all 85 sets all stacked up!  That's 340 star points right there!  LOVE seeing this stack!!

All that's left are the partial stars for the edges.  There are 34 partial sets.
I'm getting eager to get the rest of the star points made up.  Can't wait to see this one up on the design wall!  It's VERY EXCITING!!

Hope there's some exciting sewing going on at your house, too!
Staci

Previous post about this quilt found HERE.

3 comments:

Leslie can't stop quilting said...

This is exciting Staci. One of your favorite color combos too!!

margaret said...

what a great quilt you are going to have hurry up I want to see it! Hope the air conditioner is soon fixed no need for one here it is hot enough to need one

Archie the wonder dog said...

You're not the only one who can't wait to see this project up on your design wall!