Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Month 2 Goal-- I May Have A Scrap Problem

Confessions Of A Fabric Addict

While considering all the scrap quilts I'd love to make the Curvy Log Cabin has risen to the top of the list!  This ruler hopped into my shopping cart a few months ago and I am so eager to give it a try!

There are several different layout ideas and I've chosen to make a big spot quilt.  Four 8-inch blocks are sewn together to make a 16 inch square block.  You can see how the spot is formed in the diagram on the ruler.

Not certain what my exact color scheme will be for this quilt, so I've decided to keep it simple and begin with BLACK and WHITE.  In April I'll get these two boxes of scraps pressed & sorted and start creating some SPOT blocks!  


April will also see more Low Volume Scrappy Squares used as Leaders and Enders. Hopefully a little quilt top will come together pretty soon!

That's my April Scrap Conquering Plan!

Happy Scrappy Quilting!
Staci

Linking up with Sarah for I May Have A Scrap Problem. 


4 comments:

Linda M @ Pieceful Kingdom said...

Good luck with your goal! I can't wait to see how the spot quilt turns out.

Charlene S said...

I really like the uneven log cabin blocks.

margaret said...

I have been looking at this ruler along with the log cabin trim one very tempted hope to see your piece soon that will maybe help me make a decision have a birthday coming up and thought I could drop a few hints to my 2 daghters

quiltytherapy said...

Good luck sorting your scraps. Excited to see how this quilt top turns out.