Thursday, April 14, 2016

He Opened The Window

My lovely Daughter and I spent a couple hours taking this pile of 100 City Sampler blocks and arranged them on the design wall. 

After much swapping swapping swapping and rearranging we ended up with this layout.  At this point we decided to just leave it up on the design wall a few days and see how we liked it.  
(crummy phone photo, sorry!)

Tuesday evening was lovely and cool after an uncomfortably warm spring day.  I heard Hubby call me upstairs, "Staci, can you come here?"  There was an odd note in his voice and I knew something was wrong.  I headed upstairs and found him in my sewing room.  I also found this.  



Hubby had decided to open all the windows and let the cool air in.  He failed to consider the big thunderstorm that was blowing in!  Once the window was open the wind rushed in and the blocks came down. 
I looked at Hubby's very worried face and started laughing.  Seriously, how could I be upset?  I only wish I'd been there to see them all flutter down!

Hope your day brings you some unexpected color and laughter!
Staci

11 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

That's why we take photos - just in case.

Rebecca said...

Yes Oh Yes Oh Yes!!!!lol

Donna~~ said...

Lucky you to have a photo--and such a concerned husband. My husband did the same thing to a king-size quilt I was making years ago. Knocked at least 50% off (and he had to have known it), by ironing and when the cord hit the wall, and knocked them lose with each pull of the iron. I still have not finished that quilt after years. It is a rainbow color thing and the pieces can go in different ways. Have to admit it is a sore point with me, even today. Wish I had a photo.

Linda Smith said...

Donna- Wouldn't it be great to finish that quilt top and let go of all the lingering negativity? Maybe turn it into a couple of smaller quilts if you can't figure out the original layout. Now that I think about it, I guess I have some lingering negativity that I should figure out how to let go of... Hmmm

Julie in WA said...

What a great story...not only of quilter's woes but also of mercy and grace!

Mary said...

Good thing you have a picture. Your Hubby will recover too. It would have been fun to watch them flutter down. I use a Pin when I plan to leave Blocks up for any longer than a day.

Leslie can't stop quilting said...

I have to say that I really love Tula's layout. The colors are so fun how she places them. Yours is a beauty!

Jenny said...

How funny! Shows what a sensitive man your hubby is, worried that he had upset your quilting. Hope you gave him a hug as you told him not to worry!

Sarah Craig said...

Been there, done that myself, to myself! So I had to laugh when I read the title of your post, because I knew what was coming. You were indeed grace-filled and kind to your husband - does he know just how lucky he is?

margaret said...

just as well you had taken the photo, the blocks look amazing and will make a wonderful quilt, are you going to have sashing with them I wonder. Must be great to have the board for planning the blocks, have just made myself a small one from the back of an old picture frame.

Tiffany said...

Haha! Poor hubby. 😂