Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Couldn't Wait!!

I have such an exciting thing to show you today!!
Ta Da!!!!

You know what this means, right?
Yep!  All those gazillion star points are finished!
There it is--this stack is the entire quilt!  Makes me giddy!




I was so excited to get this up on the design wall!!



I tossed up the center squares just to make it easier to see what colors and prints I had to work with.


It grew and grew.  I must admit to stopping to admire it many times and there might have been some happy dancing along the way!



Here it is in all it's GLORY!!

I love love love it so very much--it's even better than I thought it would be!
As you can see, it's so tall I ended up with the last bit of it on the floor. 

This week will be busy trying to get it sewn into a quilt top.  I'll start at the bottom this time so I can get those pieces off the floor!

And yes, I have asked my sweet husband to please leave the window CLOSED!!  LOL!

Hope there's a Happy Dance on your day, too!
Staci

Previous posts about this project: 
HERE
HERE

6 comments:

Ranch Wife said...

I'm as excited about your empty box as I am about your quilt top! That's quite the stack of star points. We're forecasted to have 55 mph winds here today - definitely a closed window kind of day. May the only whirlwind you experience be a stitching marathon to get these fun blocks into a quilt top!

Tiffany said...

YAY! It looks AMAZING!

Mary said...

Yea for an overflowing design wall. Looking sparkly on there. Good job clearing out those bins.

margaret said...

what a star of a quilt you are going to have best of luck putting all the blocks together

Leslie can't stop quilting said...

I posted a comment but it didn't show up? Anyways....this is just so exciting and so you Staci.....stars in lime green and black&whites!!! So happy for you!

The Joyful Quilter said...

LOVE how the Pinwheels pop out from the Stars... and the color scheme, too!!