Friday, March 4, 2016

Shopping Instead of Sewing

Been one of those weeks when I haven't had time to even say hello to my beautiful sewing machine! 
I have spent some time with pretty cottons though.  My DAUGHTER and I went to Mesquite Bean Fabrics, San Antonio's newest quilt shop, and did a little shopping.  Mesquite Bean opened just a few months ago and quickly became one of my favorite shops!  

For some reason I've been a bit obsessed with Log Cabin Quilts lately, and decided it was time to actually make one.  I decided to go with all solids and chose these lovelies from Art Gallery.  The Art Gallery solids have such a lovely hand and come in such beautiful saturated colors.  When I left the house I was thinking Summer Garden for color inspiration, but when DAUGHTER and I started stacking up bolts in the shop I ended up with this.  It looks more like a Sunset, don't you think?


The Sunset solids will be paired with this pretty creamy white.  Still waffling over what to use as the center square.  Another solid?  A print? What color?  So many choices!  I'm going to give this Log Cabin Creative Grids Ruler a try as I begin this new quilting adventure.  



Time to get busy cutting strips!

Cut, Sew, Press, Repeat--what a joyful thing to do!
Happy Stitching!

Staci

3 comments:

Leslie can't stop quilting said...

I have almost started a log cabin quilt so many times! These are beautiful fabrics Staci! Have fun!

margaret said...

what a lovely selection of fabrics and yes sunrise or sunset . I have the creative grid ruler on my want list as I am sure my seams will be straighter with it as the slightest wobble shows up on log cabin and I do wobblw somwtimes, await seeing your progress and how you find the ruler

Archie the wonder dog said...

I can't wait to see these blocks!