Wednesday, March 30, 2016

I May Have a Scrap Problem - Month One Report!

Confessions Of A Fabric Addict
Click on the badge to visit Sarah!

It's time to give my report on the progress I have made with My Scrap Problem--and I'm so happy to say I accomplished my goal.  


This box 


now looks like this!

Remember I found this big stack of low volume charms in the box? I was so inspired by Sarah using her sorted scraps immediately that I decided to make a simple patchwork quilt. 


One day while my Daughter was here sewing a new quilt I worked on trimming the charms down to a uniform size which turned out to be 4 3/4 inches square.  

You can see my daughter's quilt on the wall behind the cutting table. 



This is one of those times I really enjoyed using my rotating cutting mat. 

When I was finished I set the box of trimmed charms near my machine so I can use them as leaders and enders.  I haven't had much sewing time this week, but I have paired up a few of them already. That little stack will grow fast once I finally have some time to sew again!

I'm glad I started with a really simple goal this month.  It's given me time to really think about the kind of scrap quilts I'd like to make and how I want to proceed with managing my scrap problem.

And here's a bit of eye candy for you--my Daughter's finished quilt top!
The pattern is called Brioche & Baguette from Modern Quilt Relish Patterns. 
Isn't it just so bright and fun?  She did a great job!

Happy Happy stitching, friends!

Staci


Previous posts on this topic:
HERE: Setting the Goal
HERE: Finding Treasures in My Scrap Problem

4 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Wow!! What a good job you did on blasting through your scrap stash!!

Sarah Craig said...

Oh awesome, Staci!!! Good for you - doesn't it feel wonderful? And those low volume prints are going to make a beautiful quilt!!

margaret said...

I love scrap quilts so looking to see how yours is coming along, your daughter`s quilt is lovely dark sashing really appeasl to me rather than white etc.

mindingmomma said...

Having a plan for your scraps is perfect motivation. Now I just need to select a project or two to get my little tote of scraps in order. Your daughter did a fabulous job with those bright colors too.