Monday, March 21, 2016

HANDS 2 HELP 2016

Confessions Of A Fabric Addict

Hi Quilting Friends!
You might have noticed the new button on my sidebar, or on the sidebar of other blogs you read. 
The Hands 2 Help Charity Quilt Challenge has recently kicked off, and I'm looking forward to participating in it this year.  

I've decided to make a quilt for Happy Chemo.  Cancer treatment is such a brutal experience.  My mother died after battling lung cancer.  I've lost good friends to pancreatic cancer and colon cancer.  My mother in law has been battling breast cancer.  I don't know anyone who's life has been untouched by a cancer diagnosis for a friend or family member.  

Making a quilt to comfort someone going through this is an honor, and I'm really looking forward to doing it.  I haven't decided what kind of quilt I will make, but I've decided to use this wonderful surprise I found in my scrap clean out a couple weeks ago.  I want to make sure the quilt is a very happy & hopefully one!

2.5 yards of Make Life... from Sweetwater that somehow ended up in a scrap box!

If you haven't already, there's plenty of time to join in the challenge!  
Quilts need to be mailed out by 3 June, so plenty of time to sew, too!
You can read all about it by clicking on the button or HERE

Happy Hands 2 Help!
Staci

2 comments:

margaret said...

what an amazing charity to help, so sorry to read you lost your Mum to cancer, I lost my Dad in 1984 but now my daughter Helen is a pallitive nurse in a hospice and I could not be more proud. Have just donated a quilt to them for a fund raising event and will be giving them more as I improve my skills

Sarah Craig said...

Thanks so much for the shout-out, Staci! Your quilt will be beautiful made in those fabrics - some of my absolute favorites!!