Friday, March 18, 2016

2016 FAL -- Fabulous Friday Finish! The SECOND Beautiful Brick Quilt

FAL 2016


A couple weeks ago I finished a brick quilt and sent it my sweet sister for her birthday.  She is just thrilled with it.  She's called me at least 6 times since it arrived to talk about how much she loves the quilt.  Of course, you know it just thrills me that I could make her something she could love so much!

When my niece saw the quilt she fell in love with it, too!  My niece asked if there was any way I could make her a quilt just EXACTLY like the one I'd made for her mom.  LOL  Yep, that's an easy request to fill since I made TWO identical quilts.  I finished binding the second Beautiful Brick quilt over the weekend and it's on it's way to my beautiful niece!  I feel so honored that I could do this for both of these wonderful and precious women. 



Quilt Details:
Pattern: Brick Path free pattern from Free Spirit
Fabric: Love by Amy Butler for Free Spirit
Backing: Widescreen in Gray by Carolyn Freelander
Quilting: Long Arm Quilted
Size: 60 x 77

My sister loves deep blues and purples and I'm a fiend for yellowy greens and dots, so this quilt is a mix of both our personalities.  

I especially love how the bright green quilting looks on the dark prints.  Reminds me of a trailing vine. 

Another reason to rejoice is marking off another finish from my list for the 2016 Finish-Along!  Yipeee!! Love to cross things off lists!

Happy Stitching!
Staci


This project was part of my 1st Quarter Finish Along List. 

Post about FIRST Brick Quilt is HERE

5 comments:

Gina said...

Beautiful quilt. It's such a lovely feeling when you've made something that someone loves so much xx

carol fun said...

Such a beautiful quilt! Sewing with these fabrics would be a pleasure... and the reaction of your sister and niece is priceless... a job well done! Bravo!

margaret said...

you have made 2 people very happy with the quilts beautiful

Lisa C said...

What a compliment to you and to their relationship. Great job!

Leanne said...

I too love the bold blue Amy Butler prints, your quilts are beautiful! Thank you for participating in the FAL, on behalf of the 2016 global FAL hosts.