Thursday, January 14, 2016

The Fancy Farm!

Farm Girl Vintage by Lori Holt is the most charming pattern!  
My Daughter and a couple friends and I are all working together on our quilts.  We take turns picking out four blocks and once we've all got the blocks together the next person chooses.  It's a toss up whether it is more fun to actually make the blocks or to see what the quilting friends have chosen for the next set!

Recently my Daughter and I got together for a lovely afternoon of sewing.  I'll show you my blocks first and then I'll show you her super adorable blocks.   

My blocks are made from a mash up of Pie Making Day and Mimosa fabrics.  

Furrows.  My Daughter and I changed the block so the geese go both ways instead of all the same direction as shown in the pattern. 



Mama Hen.  Still need to embroider her eye.

Apple.  This pattern had several options: a whole apple, a half apple and this one.
The apple gets a touch of embroidery, too.  It will have some sweet little seeds. 

Gingham.  This block was a lot of fun to make!  I'd like to make more of these blocks in the larger 12 inch block version.  

My Daughter is using Hi De Ho from Me & My Sister for her quilt.  Look at how her blocks are turning out!!

Furrows.  

Mama Hen.

Apple.

Gingham.

These blocks are a joy to make! Looking forward to our next set soon!

Happy happy stitching!
Staci

8 comments:

Yvonne Campbell said...

I love you blocks. They are so pretty!

Ranch Wife said...

I'm charmed by Lori's pattern too - I couldn't resist and bought the book when it came out, but I have yet to make a block. I've just been drooling. :) I did make a canning jar cover from the bonus pattern that arrived with the book. Your blocks are super cute - as are your daughter's! After seeing them I may not be able to resist much longer!

Leslie can't stop quilting said...

So much fun Staci!!! Love seeing what you girls have been up to!!!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Love all the blocks. I was laying mine out yesterday and realized I have to make 3 more blocks......grin. One block required 4 for the corners.

Jenny said...

How nice to be sewing with your daughter!

margaret said...

this is motivating me yo get on with my blocks seeing yours and your daughter`s excellent blocks. Did look at the book the other day then out it back on the shelf! I have the original book not the 1930`s one so have no cow in mine which is a shame not sure what else is missing

June D said...

Wonderful progress! You guys are fast sewers. But the blocks and patterns must be so much fun to work with!

Archie the wonder dog said...

Gorgeous blocks!