Thursday, January 7, 2016

2016 Finish A Long, First Quarter

2016 will be my first year participating in the Finish Along and I am quite excited about it.
During the recent move I made a bunch of lists as I organized things in my sewing room.
There's a list of UFO's: 18
A list of projects that are completely cut out but never started: 9
A list of completed quilt tops that need quilting: 10
A list of finished quilts that are waiting for binding: 5
And of course there is the SOMEDAY list of things I'd like to do someday. That list just grows longer and longer every week!  LOL  Do you have one of those lists, too?

Now, that UFO list isn't as daunting as it sounds.  Some of the UFO's just need a few hours work to be completed tops, and the rest just need a few happy sewing afternoons to be completed.  Part of me was tempted to just list all 18 UFO's for the first quarter!  In fact, our hostess Helen suggest I do just that, but I came to my senses and decided to just attack a couple of the fast projects each month during this quarter, as well as a couple things off each of the other lists.  My list is rather long, even after working on shortening it! Have I Iost my mind?  Quite possibly... Can I do it?  Can I get it all done in 3 months? Time will tell!  I sure hope so!

 I'll be blogging about the details as I work on each project, but for now, here's the overview:

1.  UFO: Round & Round- Amanda Nyberg's quilt along
Top needs help... and completion, backing and binding need to be made.

2  UFO: Metropolis
Elizabeth Hartman's Awesome pattern
Top needs completion, awesome pieced backing must be made & binding.




















3.  UFO: Spidey
Paper Pieced Halloween Spider Web String Scrap Quilt
Finished blocks need to be assembled, backing & binding made.

4.  UFO: Blue Bell Constellation
Blocks made by my Bee Friends!
A few more blocks must be made, top assembled, backing and binding prepared.


5. UFO: Sewing Machine Cover & Mat Set
Needs assembly, quilting, binding.
This is a gift, so I'm just going to post a teaser photo until the finished product it's in my friend's hands!

6. Hand Stitched Binding: Brick Quilt

7.  Hand Stitched Binding: Brick Quilt 
(yes, there are TWO, although only one photo ; P !)

8.  Cut out but never started:
Allie Owl!  Elizabeth Hartman's fabulous pattern made with Rhoda Ruth prints.

9. Needs Quilting and finishing: Roundhouse Baby Quilt

10.  New Scrap Project: Scrappy Kaffe Fassett print quilt
This box of scraps will be turned into a wonderfully scrappy quilt top!

11. (Completely) New Project: Redwork mini quilt for MQTS swap
This beautiful cream Essex linen and deep red solid will be turned into a Redwork mini quilt for a swap that closes the last day of January.  Until my swap partner receives it, the design needs to be kept secret. Really looking forward to working on this one!!


Whew!!  Getting the list & photos together feels a bit like a marathon!

Are you Finishing Along, too?
How long is your list??

Staci





10 comments:

sunny said...

I think you better get off the computer and get sewing! Your have a lovely assortment of projects, and won't have a chance to get bored. My list is much longer than yours. :-)

Yanicka said...

this is a great list of UFO's Love all those projects

Nicky said...

I post all of my projects too - otherwise the one I want to work on isn't on the list! But you have some interesting things there - love that rabbit and looking forward to seeing more of the others! Thank you for participating in the FAL, on behalf of the 2016 global FAL hosts.

Archie the wonder dog said...

Just the eleven, then?! I'm thrilled that you're joining in and can't wait to see all these projects develop over the next three months, particularly the red work! Good luck!

June D said...

A wide variety of projects. You are very organized to have a box for each one! It will be fun to see progress! Best of luck.

margaret said...

certainly quite a few to finish! I tend to get all mine to the flimsy stage then they just get neglected! Best of luck with them all

Sandra Kaye said...

Yes... I have that list too!!! I grows every day!!! But, I try not to let it bother me. I make myself finish one project...and my reward is something new and fun!!! Hahahaha!!! which is probably why I have a ton of UFOs...LOL!!! Good luck!! You can do it!!!

Leanne said...

These are great projects!

Leslie can't stop quilting said...

You are so much more organized then me!!! My sewing room is in real need of cleaning!!! Your projects all look great!

Katherine said...

You've got some wonderful finishes ahead, Staci. Happy stitching!