Wednesday, January 6, 2016

2015 Finishes


13 finishes for 2015.
(2 quilts are reversible, so front and back are shown)
Two pincushions made for a swap. Still smile when I see those poodles!
Tote Bag, my first project with laminated fabric. 
Lots of UFO's completed!  Always nice!
2015 Bee Quilt Finished!  Not allowed to hang around and become a UFO--that was a happy day!
Three Mini Quilts made for swaps. 
Out of all the sewing I did last year, I'm most proud of the 3 mini quilts.  Each was my own design and each one made with different techniques and materials.  As I'm going through photos and blog posts for this past year, I realize I never blogged about the mini with the yo-yo's, so I'll have to tell you about it next week.  

It wasn't a great sewing year with all the troubles that came my way.  Five more 2015 quilts are still waiting for binding, several things move into this new year as UFO's.  

Wonder what 2016 sewing will look like?  
I hope I can look back on 2016 as a year where I grew as a quilter, where I learned new things and made beautiful things.  

Happy stitching!

Staci

4 comments:

Anina said...

They're all so pretty!

margaret said...

some lovely finishes think my favourite is the pink cat

Archie the wonder dog said...

Fewer finishes than you would have liked is still better than no finishes...and they're all gorgeous - bravo!!

Ranch Wife said...

I love the idea of the reversible quilts - yours are wonderful! I've heard that working with mini quilts allows one to really explore their creativity. You've hit a home run with yours. Here's to more sewing in the coming year for both of us!