Friday, November 13, 2015

November Bee Blocks

My lovely daughter and I got together to make our November bee blocks for Coast to Coast Quilters before I got the crud.  My sweet friend Leslie sent out beautiful Kaffe Fasset prints along with squares of Burgundy shot cottons. (sadly, it looks brown in the picture.  It's much much prettier in person!)  Here's the four blocks we made for Leslie.

The blocks are simple disappearing 9 patches, so fast fast fast to make. These blocks always turn out so well, and make such an interesting quilt.  Leslie's going to have a very bright and beautiful quilt!

These are the last blocks for this round of our quilting bee, so I'll have a break from bee blocks until we start up again next summer.  It will give me time to catch up on my Farmer's Wife 1930's and my Farm Girl Vintage projects. 

What are you sewing this week?
Staci


3 comments:

carol fun said...

oh this is so pretty... hadn't thought of doing D9patch with Kaffe's but now that I see it I think I will play with this idea.

margaret said...

never see a disappearing nine patch that does not look amazing, loving this one too

Gina said...

THese have turned out really well. I hope you are feeling better now xx