Sunday, October 11, 2015

The Farmer's Wife Sampler 1930's Update #2

GnomeAngel.com


This week's blocks were great fun to make!
Here's Betty! I think she's a beauty!

EEEK!!  Sorry - added the wrong photo!  Here's the correct one!



This is Caroline.  Now you knew I'd get some orange in there soon, didn't you?
Now that there's some orange it's feeling more like my quilt!



When I was putting Caroline together I started pairing up all the little triangles that turn into half square triangles.  I guess I was on a roll because the next thing I knew all the large triangles had been matched up and stitched the same way!  Yep, I had four large HST's instead of 2 hourglass blocks.  The first time I've pulled out the seam ripper for this project, but I know it won't be the last!  One spot doesn't match, but I've decided I'm okay with it.  

That's life on the Farm for this week!

Happy Stitching!
Staci

2 comments:

Lesley Gilbert said...

Love these blocks, especially Caroline :)

Archie the wonder dog said...

Lovely blocks!