Thursday, October 15, 2015

Slab Blocks Make A SPICY Quilt!

More scraps have been used up for slab blocks and I'm just loving the results!
I made another purple block...

and another red one, too!

Then I made an orange block...

and a pink one.

Last but not least,  I made another yellow one.

Finally,  I mixed them in with the other the blocks made previously and here's the completed quilt top. Each block finishes at 16 inches square, so the quilt top is 64 x 80 and every single bit of it came out of the scrap boxes.  

I'm calling this quilt SPICY!


Spicy is a variation on the pattern The Missing U found in the fabulous book Sunday Morning Quilts by Amanda Jean Nyberg and Cheryl Arkinson.

Hope your day is colorful, too!
StaciS

6 comments:

margaret said...

love it

Sarah Craig said...

Staci, that is just fabulous! Way to bust some scraps!!!

Laney said...

Love your slab blocks and your quilts from 2014. I love bright colors, too These slab blocks look like fun!

Leslie can't stop quilting said...

I love this quilt too!!! You have been a busy girl!!

Yvonne Campbell said...

I love this quilt. It is so bright and fun.

June D said...

Great to see the blocks all together. They look great.