Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Farmer's Wife Sampler 1930's -- Off and Running!

When I made the origninal Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt I stored my completed blocks in a box.  I still vividly remember looking at the first two blocks in that big box and thinking I'd lost my mind!  
When the last block went in the box I was just about jumping for joy!  I couldn't believe I've actually finished all 111 blocks. 

The beginning and the end!
After I put the quilt top together my poor box looked sad and lonely! It has a new purpose now, and a new label.
Want to see what's in it?  I hope so! 
Here we go, the first two blocks for the new Farmer's Wife Quilt.

Meet Becky, block #12

and Bonnie, Block #16


When I put these two cuties in the box I didn't think I was crazy this time, although my family might... LOL!

2 down, 97 to go!

Happy Stitching!
Staci

3 comments:

Archie the wonder dog said...

Gorgeous!

Lucy @ Charm About You said...

They look fabulous! Love the idea of storing them in a box too!

Bec said...

I love Love LOVE the idea of the box for all the finished blocks. Love your colours too.