Friday, September 18, 2015

Fabulous Friday Finish: The Alphabet of Awesomeness!

Finished!  Isn't that one of the nicest words in a quilter's vocabulary?  Here's my most recent finish, the Alphabet Quilt.  In February it was my turn to be the queen bee in my Coast to Coast Quilting Bee. The lovely ladies made letter blocks for me with patterns from the Moda Spell It With Fabric blog hop.  

Quilt Name: The Alphabet of Awesomeness!
Pattern: Spell It With Fabric from Moda
Fabrics: Folklore from Lila Ashbury for Moda, plus prints from stash that worked with the color pallette.  Background is a large variety of low volume prints.
Size: 60 X 68


This quilt went out for long arm quilting, and while the quilting looks just as I had hoped, a frustrating mistake happened at the there.

The quilter was supposed to line up the top on both sides of the quilt and goofed, so the back is upside down.  I was very upset when I got the quilt back.  So disappointed that I ended up putting the quilt away for a while.  Finally, I decided it really didn't matter.  The quilt is awesome and made by my wonderful bee friends, so it is a treasure!  The core membership of this group have been quilting together for years, and being the administrator of the group has been a lot of fun, and I couldn't let this mistake spoil my quilt for me.  Yes, put on the big girl panties and got over it!  LOL


Extra letters were used so the back of the quilt so it's like a big label.  Never will forget when this one was made!  


There it is--The Alphabet of Awesomeness!  I just love it! Right now it is hanging in the entry way right behind me.  It looks kinda funny on that long rod, since it is the smallest quilt to have ever hung there, but it still makes me smile every time I see it. Perfect quilt to hang for the back to school month, isn't it?


Happy happy quilting, friends!
Staci

Previous Posts about this quilt:
HERE
HERE
HERE

No comments: