Thursday, September 3, 2015

ALYOF: September Goal

A Lovely Year of Finishes
A Lovely Year of Finishes!


It's time.  It is finally time to finish this thing!  Yep, it's my Farmer's Wife Quilt!
Final Layout!

My sweet friend Leslie and I started our Farmer's Wife journey together in January 2012.  I finished the last block in December 2013. Thanksgiving weekend 2014 I pulled it out to work on, figured out the layout, and decided how to finish it.  I've decided to skip the borders suggested in the book and just go with oversized setting triangles.  
Auditioning border options

I began to sew rows together, adding setting triangles to the ends, and encountered some problems.  
The first corner assembled!
I couldn't decide how to proceed and eventually just put it all back in the storage box in frustration. 
With the new Farmer's Wife 1930's Quilt Along about to begin I've been busy building a fabric stack and drooling over the book, but I can't start the new quilting adventure without finishing the first one.  

That's my goal for A Lovely Year of Finishes for September-- 
Finish my Farmer's Wife Quilt top and get it sent off for long arm quilting.   

Wish me luck and full bobbins!
Staci

1 comment:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Here's wishing you luck, yes. What a gorgeous top it's going to be...so many lovely blocks!