Friday, July 24, 2015

Fabulous Friday Finish! The Little Lone Star Quilt

Back in March this lovely little Lone Star Quilt was completely finished.  No idea why it's taken me so long to get some photos.  Sometimes I'm quite the slowpoke!

Little Lone Star Quilt

Pattern: Lone Star from Quilt Smart 
Fabrics: 9 colors of New Aged Muslin by Marcus Brothers
Size: 38 inches square

Professionally long arm quilted by Pat Boeck

The quilter did a great job.  She kept it simple with feathers in the background and squiggles to outline all the diamonds in the star.  
The photos just don't do this quilt justice.  The colors really just glow!

Love the color variations & imperfections in these New Aged Muslins.  
 

This pretty little print on the back echoes all the colors in the star. 

I do love this little star!  As soon as I get a sleeve on the back of it I intend to hang it in my sewing room.  As pokey as I am though, it might be 6 months before that happens!  Ha!

Hope you are having a lovely lively Friday!
Staci

Previous posts about this quilt are HERE and HERE.
(second one has details of the construction process)

5 comments:

Gina Smith said...

Great quilt and I love the quilting

Raewyn said...

Fabulus Finish!! Gorgeous colours and I love the two coloured background too - helps to make it glow. Neat way to quilt it also!

Lynette said...

Oh! I hadn't seen these fabrics before. The New Aged Muslins almost look like suede, don't they? Pretty quilt with nice quilting. :)

margaret said...

wonderful finish will look lovely hanging in your sewing room

Karen said...

That's a great finish. I love that wavy line quilting. It gives a great effect to the star. The backing is so perfect in coordinating with the front.