Saturday, June 27, 2015

Autumn Embroidery Progress Part 3

I've managed to sneak in some embroidery time this week and now the center section of the pumpkin is finished.  I really enjoyed stitching the vine, and I'm so happy I added the beads to the little berries.


Each of the little berries is a french knot with one of these little beads added to the center. Love love beads and am having to exercise lots of self control not to add about 100 more all over the project.  LOL!  But in this case, 21 beads really seems perfect so I'm going to leave it alone and move on to the next section, the acorns and oak leaves.

Love love love doing these sweet stitches!

Talk to you later!
Staci


PS.  Pattern is Autumn's Harvest Pumpkin by Crabapple Hill Studio worked with DMC 6 strand floss.  

9 comments:

Raewyn said...

This is gorgeous- and I love the addition of the beads :-)

margaret said...

the beads work so well on this very nice piece

Gina said...

THis is gorgeous. Thank you for posting who's design it is as I'm going to have to get this I think

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Stunning stitchery! So pretty!!!

Lynette said...

Staci, this is just adorable! And yes, the beads are perfect on those berries.

cq4fun said...

I love that pattern. I think I might have the spring one somewhere. Your stitching is beautiful and I love the use of beads.

Sheryl S. said...

This is a lovely pattern, pretty stitching.

SuperMomNoCape said...

I love the addition of the red beads! Your pumpkin is looking great!

Thanks so much for linking up to last week's Stitchery Link Party! I'm looking forward to seeing the next section.

Archie the wonder dog said...

The beads are the perfect addition!