Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Time to Sparkle!

When I first saw this quilt on the cover of Fat Quarter Style I knew I had to make it!  
The pattern is called "Sparklettes". Stars are my favorite, and these have such a unique shape it really was love at first sight.  This is a great little book!  One of the best things about it is the inclusion of multiple sizes for each pattern. I settled on the Twin size. 

Deciding on fabric took me a while though since I have so many pretty things in the stash right now.  I finally decided on my fat quarter bundle of PB& J by Basic Grey.  I pulled out the navy, red and aqua prints and my bolt of white Kona.  

There were a few hours of cutting & drawing lots diagonal lines across the squares.

Finally piecing the star points could begin. 

Here's the first two finished stars!  Soon I'll have an entire constellation! So excited!!

Happy Stitching!
Staci

5 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Love the fabric you chose for this great pattern. Have fun with this one.

Sarah Craig said...

That's going to be a spectacular quilt, Staci!! Can't wait to see it finished!!

Mary said...

Those are very interesting stars! Sparklets is a new Quilting pattern I just bought on Intelligent quilting. Have a great time stitching them.

Leslie can't stop quilting said...

Gosh I love this star so much....works so great with your PB&J. That was once the fabric for your ABC quilt....right?

Leslie can't stop quilting said...

I love this star block so much!!! The PB&J was going to be your ABC quilt....right?