Sunday, May 31, 2015

Autumn Embroidery

Handwork has been a great love of mine since I was very small.  I started my first embroidery project as a preschool child. Although sadly I no longer have it, I remember it very well.  It was a tea towel with a blue bird on it.  I actually remember working on it, one of my very earliest memories.  I remember enjoying the stitches and my mother being oh so patient as she untangled my threads frequently.  

Currently I'm working on a lovely Autumnal sampler from Crabapple Hill.  
I love Meg Hawkey's charming and simple embroidery designs. 

Traced and ready for stitching.

Tiny chain stitches and back stitches.  

Lazy Daisy Sunflowers. 

Stitching with DMC floss on cream dotted cotton fabric from Moda.  There's a layer of cotton batting under it, too. I find embroidery such a soothing way to spend time; such a great way to let the stress of everyday things just fade away for a while. 
Savoring each and every little stitch!

Staci

12 comments:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Just gorgeous! Your stitching is perfect.

margaret said...

a lovely piece of embroidery, can`t bet a bit of hand stitching

Leslie can't stop quilting said...

It's is so much fun!!! This is lovely!!!

Sherry said...

I have used her embroidery designs several times and have always loved the finished project. Embroidery is a soothing way to spend time. I will have to take a look at my patterns and get a new project started.

SuperMomNoCape said...

Your stitching on your Autumn Harvest Pumpkin is beautiful.

I host a weekly Stitchery Link Party for all things hand embroidered and I would love to have you come link up this post. http://www.supermomnocape.com/2015/06/15/vintage-embroidery-monday-stitchery-link-party-10/

I do hope you'll come join the fun! I'm sure my readers would love to see it too.

SuperMomNoCape said...

Your stitching on your Autumn Harvest Pumpkin is beautiful.

I host a weekly Stitchery Link Party for all things hand embroidered and I would love to have you come link up this post. http://www.supermomnocape.com/2015/06/15/vintage-embroidery-monday-stitchery-link-party-10/

I do hope you'll come join the fun! I'm sure my readers would love to see it too.

Renee said...

I just hopped over from Super Mom - No Cape and am SO glad I did. I just love embroidery and all things pumpkin. Your Autumn sampler is beautiful!

Stitches said...

I have always liked this pattern..yours is looking very good and I'll be anxious to see yours finished..

heather stockton said...

I just love your Pumpkin and all those awesome stitches,I also can't wait for it to be finished. :)

Sheryl S. said...

This design is lovely and the stitching perfect.

Quilter Kathy said...

Yumm... I love the lazy daisy stitches!

SuperMomNoCape said...

I'm just popping back to thank you so much for linking up to last week's Stitchery Link Party! I do hope that you'll join in again soon. Hugs!