Thursday, April 2, 2015

Quilting a Salad - April Goal for ALYOF


I spent April Fool's Day in my sewing room.  I did a bit of sewing, but mostly I cleaned and reorganized for over 6 hours!  I didn't intend to spend the day in there, but once I got going I just couldn't stop.  Of course, when I have a good clean out I discover things I've forgotten about, like this little gem: a bundle orange polka dot binding. 

As soon as I saw it I knew I'd found a project for April.  Took a few minutes to hunt up the UFO/quilt that goes with the binding. This quilt was started maybe 4 or 5 years ago. 

I felt a bit nervous as I opened up the box and started to look through it.  The worst part of UFO's can often be just going through the box and trying to figure out where I stopped!
Hmmm, things seem to be stacked and labeled....maybe it won't be so bad??

Well, some parts are sewn together, so that's good, right??

Thankfully finding the book with the pattern was easy!  The quilt pattern is called "Salad".  In fact, "Salad" is the cover quilt!

My goal for April is to turn this box of bits into a quilt top!  I'm excited about it, too!  As soon as I opened the box I fell in love with this Quilt Soup fabric all over again.  
And making a SALAD out of QUILT SOUP just seems extra funny when you find it on April Fool's Day!

Happy Stitching!  
Staci

4 comments:

Ella said...

It's a pretty happy looking quilt. Good luck!

Wendy @ Wendysquiltsandmore said...

What a bonus - finding something nice must have been a reward for doing all that tidying. I'm the same - sometimes you just can't stand the disorganisation any longer and you have to clean up before you can start anything else. Your new project sounds like it will be fun.

SuperMomNoCape said...

I'm looking forward to seeing the finished quilt! I love that you names it Quilt Salad!

Ranch Wife said...

Cute fabric - cute name! One of the tings I love about UFO's is that when they are re-discovered, you're already partially on the way to a finished quilt. Its especially nice when you're organized and have labeled things as you have.