Here's the quick history on this finish. In January 2012 a quilt along using Sarah Fielke's Made in Cherry Pattern was held on the Pins and Bobbins blog. I quickly gathered up my fun Summersault prints, chopped them to bits and began to sew them back together.
The quilt top itself was finished pretty quickly, and was sent off to the long arm quilter. The quilt is so very busy busy and bright asked her to just keep the quilting really simple. I'm not certain when the quilt came home, but I know in November 2012 it was quilted and the binding was attached to it. All it needed was hand stitching.
The quilt was set aside while I finished up Christmas things that year. It was shoved in a box a short time later because we moved. And it stayed in the box. And we moved again. And it stayed in the box. The poor quilt was completely forgotten! I stumbled into it again in December while trying to find the Christmas quilt and decided then and there it getting the binding hand stitched would be my January ALYOF's goal. My goal was achieved on the very last day of the month, but it was absolutely pouring rain and I couldn't get a photo. I put up a quickie post for accountability sake, and it's taken me this long to get a real photo.
So, finally, here it is! I call it Blueberry Limeade.
Pattern: Made In Cherry by Sarah Fielke
Fabric: Summersault by Erin McMorris for Free Spirit, Lime Sketch for Robert Kaufman Fabric
Size: 90 x 90
So glad to have it finished!
This quilt was previously discussed in posts located HERE and HERE.
It was my January ALYOF goal, and was completed on time.