Friday, February 20, 2015

Fabulous Friday Finish 2015: Blueberry Limeade

Wow!  It has taken me 20 days to get a photo of this finished quilt!  I was waiting for a magical alignment of the stars to allow me to have a sunny day and two people available to hold the quilt Yea, and it never happened!  You'll see I finally ended up clipping the quilt to the fence. Oh well......

Here's the quick history on this finish.  In January 2012 a quilt along using Sarah Fielke's Made in Cherry Pattern was held on the Pins and Bobbins blog.  I quickly gathered up my fun Summersault prints, chopped them to bits and began to sew them back together. 



The quilt top itself was finished pretty quickly, and was sent off to the long arm quilter.  The quilt is so very busy busy and bright asked her to just keep the quilting really simple.  I'm not certain when the quilt came home, but I know in November 2012 it was quilted and the binding was attached to it.  All it needed was hand stitching.  


The quilt was set aside while I finished up Christmas things that year.  It was shoved in a box a short time later because we moved.  And it stayed in the box.  And we moved again. And it stayed in the box.  The poor quilt was completely forgotten!  I stumbled into it again in December while trying to find the Christmas quilt and decided then and there it getting the binding hand stitched would be my January ALYOF's goal.  My goal was achieved on the very last day of the month, but it was absolutely pouring rain and I couldn't get a photo.  I put up a quickie post for accountability sake, and it's taken me this long to get a real photo.  

So, finally, here it is!  I call it Blueberry Limeade.

Pattern: Made In Cherry by Sarah Fielke
Fabric: Summersault by Erin McMorris for Free Spirit,  Lime Sketch for Robert Kaufman Fabric 
Size: 90 x 90

So glad to have it finished!

Staci

This quilt was previously discussed in posts located HERE and HERE.
It was my January ALYOF goal, and was completed on time. 

9 comments:

sunny said...

Wow ! It's gorgeous. I would have never thought to put those colors together, but it's perfect! Job well done.

LynCC said...

It's so bright and cheery :) Yay for a long-term rescue. ;D I can relate to those moving boxes - still trying to find a missing quilt project. . .

Ranch Wife said...

Oh yum! That makes my mouth water! What great colors, Staci! I love that pattern and the quilt I made during that QAL is one of my very favorites. I may be making it again for a fund raiser.

carla said...

Hi!!! It is beautiful!!!! I love the fabrics and colors!!!!

Zany Quilter said...

I love those colors..and the name! Just plain wonderful...great work!

Karen said...

Your quilt looks great! Great name too! Mine is still waiting for me as I was going to make it bigger. Maybe I should just finish it and not worry about making it bigger. Decisions, decisions.

PugMom said...

I just love the colors that you used. I keep coming back to admire your quilt! I've downloaded the pattern.

Archie the wonder dog said...

It's stunning!

Shasta Matova said...

This is gorgeous! I can't believe you could forget this one.